Tuesday, January 10, 2012

World’s Thinnest Tablet ‘Toshiba Excite’ Announced at CES


Toshiba announced the world’s thinnest tablet Toshiba Excite . The 10-inch Android Tablet is .3-inch-thick, and weighs 1.2 lb. It is introduced at CES 2012 , and come up with a different set of superlatives.
With its burnished, magnesium alloy back, gorilla-glass face and unique channel trim, Toshiba’s latest tablet entry stands apart from the pack. It is, for now, the thinnest tablet, besting the slim iPad by .04 inches. It’s also a tad lighter.
Like the much-thicker Thrive before it, the Excite offers a pleasing set of inputs and outputs, including micro-SD, Micro USB, Micro HDMI and, of course an audio jack.
Buttons are hidden along the edge in a channel that runs the full perimeter of the device.
Excite packs two cameras, though the Excite’s are somewhat more powerful: 2 megapixels on the front and 5 megapixels on the back. Its 10.1-inch screen supports a 1280 x 800 resolution and sports an anti-smudge coating on its surface. Inside, the Excite is running a 1.2 GHz dual-core Texas Instruments CPU and 1 GB of RAM.
Toshiba has not yet decided if it’ll release the uber-light slate with Honeycomb or the new Android 4.0. It is, though, built to support Ice Cream Sandwich.
Final pricing has not been set, though the Excite should be in the $499 to $599 for the base configuration when it ships sometime early this year.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings I am so delighted I found your webpage, I really found you by
    mistake, while I was searching on Digg for something else,
    Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a
    all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent work.
    Review my web blog - shed belly fat

    ReplyDelete